Welcome to Pelita Hati Montessori School!
First and foremost, we would like to thank you, parents, for your continued support for Pelita Hati Montessori School. It is a great honour to receive parents’ trust to educate their child in our fun, yet stimulating environment. We hope that our expertise and activities will nurture your child’s knowledge, skills and emotional maturity.
We believe that Montessori system is the best learning method especially for children under 6 years old, who are currently at the stage known as the ‘golden age’ or the ‘absorbent mind’, in which the brain is still very spongy. This makes children absorb any information given to them easily and quickly without putting on much effort. Teachers consider this stage the most sensitive period and it opens up windows of opportunities for learning.
In this 2016 – 2017 academic year, our playgroup students (Bunny Class) are going to have a lot of fun and stimulating activities such as rhyming, singing, dancing, brain games and practical life activities. The preschool students (Panda Class) are going to learn English, Bahasa Indonesia, Social Studies, Science, Art, cooking activities and many more.
Primary students are divided into three levels, Lower (P1 – P2), Middle (P3 – P4), and Upper (P5 – P6) primary classes. They are going to continue studying in groups with the assistance of visual aids to learn all subjects, including Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English and Mandarin. They also have a choice to join the newly offered Comic extracurricular activity to boost their creativity.
Serba – Serbi Book
Serba – Serbi book is a means for the school to communicate with parents and vice versa. Parents are welcome to express ideas, suggestions and feedbacks to teachers and the principals regarding any matters concerning their children. For Playgroup and Preschool students, it contains weekly announcements, songs, rhymes and teacher’s notes to parents. For Primary students, it is also used as a reminder of day-to-day activities.
Borrowing books is a healthy habit to help improve students’ reading ability. Students are allowed to borrow books every day except on Fridays. Borrowing a new book is not permitted if the previously borrowed book has not been returned. If the borrowed book is lost or badly damaged, it has to be replaced with the same or similar book.
- Preschool students must submit a set of non-oil crayons for drawing lessons.
- Science experiments and angklung lesson for preschool students are taught when the student is ready.
- Primary 1 and 2 students must submit a set of watercolour paints for painting lessons.
- Primary 3 and 4 students must submit a set of oil paints for painting lessons.
- One hour tutorial class (Bimbel) is provided for Mathematics, English, Bahasa Indonesia and Science subjects after class (chargeable).
- English tutorial class for SD, SMP and SMA is available in the afternoon (chargeable).
- One hour remedial class is provided for Primary students who need extra help (free of charge).