During the first 3 years of life, children’s brain absorbs more information than at any other part of their lifetime. In this critical period, children learn unconsciously from the impressions and interactions they gain from their environment.
Therefore, Pelita Hati Montessori School places an emphasis on establishing social courtesies, proper mannerisms and hands-on skills from a very early age.
Our Playgroup program is designed with the aim of equipping young children with the following skills:
- Independence – being away from parents for the first time
- Mannerisms – when to say “please”, “thank you” and “I am sorry”
- Social courtesies – sharing, taking turns and queuing
- Getting to know other similar-aged friends
- Progressing from baby talk to simple sentences
- Singing simple songs and rhyming
- Practical life activities – dressing/undressing, sweeping the floor, washing socks
- Basic physical movements: crawling, jumping, moving sideways, hopping, climbing
- Toilet training – stopping the use of diapers, expressing the need to go, understanding the process
- Arts and crafts – painting, colouring, cutting, tearing